We understand how important is to be able to do all the things you want to do, hence we provide a full range of products and services to cover your needs. Choose what suits you best and make the first step to owning your dream home!
Fixed interest rateFor 3,5 or 10 years
The data in reference are for guidance only, should only be used for guidance and do not, in any way, constitute professional advice. The exact numbers may differ in real time from the facility being granted.
Please read carefully bellow.
“Home Loan”, is offered for the purchase, construction, renovation of primary residence.
The scheme is also offered for the transfer of an existing loan from another bank.
To evaluate your application, we need from you the necessary documents for the confirmation of the below information
- Identity information
- Income information
- Contact information
- Professional activity details
For existing customers, an updated version of the above must be submitted
Additional details and information may be requested regarding
- The purpose and nature of your business relationship with the bank
- Information about your economic/ transaction profile
Regarding supporting documents verifying your income, indicatively, the following will be requested:
Employees of the private/ public sector
- Payslips from the last three months
- Supporting documents for any other source of income (if applicable)
- Income Tax form or Social Insurance statement or other supporting documents
Information on the property to be financed/ mortgaged
- Title deed
- Planning permit or relevant certificate from an architect
- Building permit for construction or in case it is pending, an application certificate along with a declaration by a professional
- Timetable and cost analysis signed by a professional (e.g. Quantity Surveyor, Civil Engineer)
For the property valuation, the architectural plans must be submitted.
The above supporting documents required for the assessment of your loan application are indicative and may be differentiated depending on each case. For more details please contact your Relationship officer.
It is noted that, once you submit the necessary information and after evaluation by the bank, the amount of loan that the bank considers that you can serve is determined, based on the cost of living, your income and expenses.
The offered interest rate is determined based on criteria evaluated and applied by Hellenic Bank and may differ in each case.
For representative examples click here.
• Variable interest rate based on the Bank’s Main Base rate, plus margin. For variable rate loans the interest rate varies according to the methodology for calculating Hellenic Bank Base Rates which can be found here.
• Additionally, you can choose a fixed interest rate for the first 3, 5 or 10 years of the loan duration. During the introductory fixed rate period, you can rest assured that both your interest rate and monthly instalment will remain unchanged, unless the agreed repayment schedule is not followed. Following the lapse of the fixed interest rate period, the interest rate will be converted into variable interest rate based on the Bank’s Main Base rate, plus margin.
For the granting of a loan the below are required:
- Mortgage on primary residence
- Assignment to the Bank of fire & earthquake insurance
- Assignment to the Bank of life insurance
You can also use your savings as collateral and benefit from lower interest rates.
The granting of the loan is subject to the Bank obtaining satisfactory guarantees/securities.
The Bank reserves the right to request for additional collaterals according to its lending policy at the time.
During the grace period only the interest on the loan is paid and the capital repayments begin at the end of the period.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot pay you instalment in accordance to the terms of your contract with the bank, please contact us as soon as possible in order to agree on a new repayment schedule that will meet your new financial conditions.
For the granting of your loan, the Bank charges loan arrangement fees and legal documentation fees.
In addition, there are certain fees which must be paid which are regulated by law, such as:
- Cost for the registration of the property to Land Registry Office
- Stamps for loan documents paid to the Commissioner of Taxation
- Property valuation fees as well as life insurance and property insurance Any bank fees are always charged based on the conditions of your contract/ agreement with the bank.
The above fees can be included in the initial loan amount, subject to loan maximum amount criteria.
Once you have signed the loan agreement, you have the right to withdraw as follows:
- In case your loan is secured with mortgage, within five (5) business days from the date of execution of the loan agreement, by giving or sending relevant written notice to the Bank, unless any amount of such loan is disbursed before expiry of the abovementioned withdrawal period.
It is considered the best tool for comparing the actual cost of borrowing, as it includes all loan expenses (payments and expenses paid by the customer to the Bank but also to third parties, e.g. government expenses, valuation costs, insurance, etc.).
The APR helps you form a complete picture and compare with different schemes of the bank or schemes offered by other banks.