- Cyprus is strategically located at the crossroads of three continents; by bringing together Europe with the Middle East and North Africa it has long attracted business and commerce.
- The country’s European Union Membership (May 2004) and the elimination of exchange rate risk following the adoption of the Εuro (January 2008) have cemented investor confidence, raising Cyprus to a new level of international business.
- Cyprus has been included in the OECD “White List” (April 2009) for having substantially implemented internationally agreed tax standards.
- Other incentives:
- Stable and reliable economy.
- Resilient and effectively supervised banking sector.
- Simple and efficiently managed tax system.
- Familiar and trustworthy legal system (based on British Practices).
- Extensive network of double taxation treaties.
- Proactive business-friendly government policies.