Your purchases just got easier and faster!
Contactless technology is an innovative payment method, which allows you to make your purchases without having your card come into direct contact with the terminal. It can be used for payments of €20 or less, without having to enter your PIN. For payments over €20, you will be requested to enter your PIN.
How does it work?
Paying contactless is quick and easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Look for the contactless symbol
- Let the merchant know that you'd like to pay using a contactless card or device
- When the amount is shown on the contactless terminal hold your card or device against the contactless symbol
- The terminal will indicate that your transaction is approved. Remember to collect your receipt!
Please note that:
- the card or contactless device needs to be more than 4cm away from the terminal
- the card or contactless device has to be placed flat over the contactless symbol, not an angle
What are the benefits?
- Fast & easy transactions
- Reduces the need to carry excess cash
- Does not require a PIN for transactions under €20
- The card can also be used abroad at contactless terminals for a predefined amount set by each country