Trusting your browser and mobile device
Additional security when you log in to Web/Mobile Banking
The way you are logging in will soon change
We are enhancing security during login to reduce fraud.
- Why is this change happening?
- How does this affect me?
- What do I have to do?
Why is this change happening?
The way you are logging in will soon change. Under EU Law (PSD2), we are now required to ask you every 90 days to confirm that you trust the browser or the device you are logging in from. This means that when the change is affected, we will require you to enter additional authentication using an OTP.
How does this affect me?
This will affect the way you log in to Web Banking and the Mobile app. Every 90 days we will ask you to confirm the browser or the device you are logging in from as trusted, through the use of an OTP (One time passcode), either through an SMS or a Digipin device. This helps us know it’s you logging on and not someone else.
This new regulation being introduced across all Cyprus Banks is designed to improve your security and reduce fraud and scams. If you haven’t setup your SMS OTP or have a Digipin device you will be required to go through a registration process before you log in.
What do I have to do?
When the change is applied you will be required to enter a One time password (OTP) when you log in to Web Banking or the Mobile app.
- - If you have set up SMS OTP an OTP code will be sent to your registered phone number and you will be required to set the browser or the device you are logging from as “Trusted”
- - If you have a Digipin you will be required to enter a Digipin code when you login and set the browser or the mobile device as “Trusted”
- - Provided that you have set the browser or device as trusted you will be required to this once every 90 days, otherwise you will be required to enter an OTP on each login.
To make sure you’re ready for the extra security step, there are a few things you can do:
- Check and update your phone number and have SMS OTP enabled so we’re able to text a code to your mobile.
- Activate your Digipin device if you have one.
- When prompted, you can trust your browser or device. Trusting your browser or device means we’ll know it’s you logging on.
Find more info here
Customer Contact Center
Our staff is ready to listen to your complaints, comments and remarks. Through the Customer Contact Centre you can receive guidance about the use of our Web Banking, you can check your account statements, you can order a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your bank cards, etc.