Safety and Security
Help and support
Frequently asked questions
Need help? You can always contact us for any questions you have. But before you do, take a look at our FAQ list to see if your questions have already been answered.
- Make sure you know your card’s PIN before visiting the ATM. In case you have forgotten your PIN, you may view it through in Hellenic Bank’s Mobile App feature “View Card PIN”.
- Always keep your card safe and your PIN secret and never keep the two together.
- Cover the screen and keypad when entering your PIN or account details from anyone waiting nearby to use the ATM.
- Scratches, damaged pieces, extra parts on the card slot area, or noticeable resistance when pressing the keypad are also signs of illegal ATM tampering.
- Keep your cash, card and receipt with you as soon as they are provided by the ATM. To keep your account information confidential, always take your receipts or transaction records with you or place them in the designated bin in the ATM area.
- Count your money and check your receipt for confirmation at a later stage, somewhere safe, especially when making large withdrawals.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM.